Flipkar has been marking itself a benchmark not only in the field of discount and offers but also in the field of technological integration in in its present model. Flipkart has introduced a revolutionary image search option which would let you shop with just a click. The real time image search feature has taken Flipkart far beyond the reach of current application present for shopping for mobile platforms.
How does it work?
1. Open the app and you will find the image search button on the top right corner of the screen. Click that button.
2. You camera will start, take the pic of the product you just saw and wish to buy. Be sure that the pic is from permission of person who wore it.
3. Now select the product category, be sure to select the relevant category as you will find the products with the same genre over there.
4. You will see the image on the top right corner of your screen, surf through the list of the products so as to find the lookalike product.
5. Just tap on the highlighted button and select your product, it will give you the product you like with just a tap.
Flipkart’s Chief Product Officer Punit Soni said:
“A lot of fashion purchase decisions are influenced by similar products seen by users. The image search feature provides a way to find similar products on Flipkart as well as reduces the search/ browsing time, making the overall product discovery and shopping experience simple. This is in line with our ambition to create a very intuitive thoughtful mobile experience that is universally accessible to everybody, regardless of whether they use text or visuals to communicate with us.”
Flipkart image search option is available on app only and initially targeting Fashion category.