Flipkart has launched a new feature to further reduce the complications in the delivery system. Many of us experience an inability to receive an order waiting at our doorstep or at office due to various reasons. The reasons could be anything from being busy in a meeting to not being at home. Hence either the delivery get delayed or cancelled or delayed.
To cope up with this issue, Flipkart has launched Pickup Stores so as to never let the shoppers miss out their deliveries. These Pick up stores are present at some selected cities as of now but will soon expand to many other cities as well.
How does it work?
1. It is a simple 4 step process where a customer have to pick the store during checkout on the App.
2. The shoppers will get a unique PIN on their phones on arrival of the products.
3. Go to the pick up store and show the PIN and a photo id.
4. Customers can simply go and pick up their products whenever the customer have time or feels convenient.
Pickup store facility is currently available at selected pin-codes in the following cities: (launching soon in more cities)
Visit Flipkart to know more
Here are some FAQs to enlighten the customers more on the service.
- What are the benefits of a Pickup store over door delivery?
With Pickup stores, you don’t have to wait around at home or leave in-between your meetings, get disturbed when you are busy or worry about your mobile network. We’ll have the delivery waiting at your nearest Pickup store so that you can grab it on your way at your convenience.
- How do I know if my area has a Pickup store and its timings?
During product checkout on the mobile App, you will be given a list of all Pickup stores along with store timings based on your pin-code where you can walk in and collect your delivery.
- How do I know whether my delivery is ready for pickup?
Once your order has reached your chosen Pickup store, you will be notified via an SMS. The SMS will also contain a unique 4 digit pin which should be carried to the Pickup store during delivery pick up.
- Do I need to bring any Identification proof for collecting my delivery?
You will need to bring the 4 digit pin received via SMS & a valid photo-id proof. We accept the following Photo-ids: PAN card, Driving License, Aadhaar Card, College ID card, Employer ID card, Voter ID card, Government approved cards, Photo printed Credit/Debit card, Bank Passbook
- For how many days will my order be available at the Pickup store?
Your order will be available for 5 working days from the day you are notified that it’s ready for pickup.
- How can I make payments in case of cash on delivery orders?
You can choose to pay either by cash or card.
- What happens if I fail to collect my delivery within 5 days of being informed?
If you fail to collect your delivery within 5 working days, your order will be automatically cancelled. A full refund will be initiated from our end in case of pre-paid orders.
- Can I send someone else to collect the delivery on my behalf?
If someone else is coming to collect your delivery, please ask the person to bring his/ her photo Id proof with the unique pin number sent to you via SMS.
- Will I be allowed to do an open delivery (in case of cash on delivery orders)?
Currently we don’t have the provision for open deliveries.
- Can I ask for a replacement/ return from the Pickup store directly?
Presently we don’t have the return/ replacement provision at the Pickup stores. Return/ replacement request can be created through the website or by calling our customer executives.
- Can I use e-gift vouchers at a Pickup store for payment?
No, e-gift vouchers can’t be used for payment at the store.
This type of service is not new in India. Amazon has already launched PickUp Store service several months ago. The concept is very popular in foreign countries and will take some time to get the grab on Indian market.
Visit Here to read Amazon’s terms and condition of Pick up store