Three year later after when Flipkart first came in, Kunal Bahl, and Rohit Bansal, started Snapdeal.com in February 2010.
Snapdeal.com was started in February 2010 as a daily deals platform inspired by Groupon.com but expanded in September 2011 to become an online marketplace
1. Snapdeal.com came as a daily Deal in 2010
2. Snapdeal expanded in September 2011 to become an online marketplace
3. In July 2011, it raised $57 million in funding.
4. Birth of SnapDeal.com Nagar (Shiv Nagar earlier) in Muzaffarnagar district in Uttar Pradesh, India.
5. Got $50 million from eBay
6. eRetailer of the Year in 2012
7. In 2012-13 Snapdeal generated revenues of about US$95 million (INR 600 crore)
8. Kunal Bahl, the CEO, stated that a large number of shoppers use smartphones to shop from Snapdeal.
9. Snapdeal got the 6th round of funding worth $627 million i.e. more than 4,000 crores from Softbank Japan
10. A fight with Flipkart over Big Billion Day Sale 6/10/2014 …
11. Dil Ki Deal with Aamir
12. Acquired FreeCharge
Read “Snapdeal Acquires FreeCharge To Become The Largest Mobile Commerce Company In India..”
13. Expecting $1 Billion in Sale.
14. Snapdeal now stands as the major competitor in front of Amazon & Flipkart..
Latest posts by Shekhar Kumar (see all)
- Ola offline : Internet connection is not needed to book a cab - October 6, 2016
- 10 Very Useful Apps for Your Mobile - August 26, 2016
- Snapdeal recently made a Brilliant Competitive move - August 23, 2016