It has been said that Maharana Pratap use to fight with a spear of 80 Kg of weight. This may be true or just an exaggrated story to glorify the inevitable braveness of the king but it is a fact that earlier men used to be strong and full of will. Even my grandpa who happens to be an ex-men is 81 in age but is more active and strong in will than many of the young fellows I know including me. I believe this is the case in many households.
The reason of their strength and energy is nothing but milk products which varies from Ghee to buttermilk. If you think that a child needs a cup of milk with malted milk power (horlicks, bournvita etc.) in it to be strong and better than all then it is not all. If a mother needs to make her child a healthy one, then buttermilk is something to go with.
What is Buttermilk?
Buttermilk referred to the liquid left over from churning butter from cultured or fermented cream. It is a beverage with the least calories and high vitamins, calories and other healthy elements in it. Various forms of buttermilk exist, including cultured and whey buttermilk obtained from churning of cultured cream and whey cream, respectively.
Benefits of buttermilk :
There are numerous benefits of buttermilk, here are a few of them.
1. It contains probiotic microbes which is highly advantageous to the gut and it improves immunity.
2. It is very good for stomach and skin as it improves the digestion and enhance the skin brilliance.
3. It contains least amount of fat when compared to other products. One cup of whole milk contains 157 calories and 8.9 grams of fat whereas one cup of buttermilk contains 99 calories and 2.2 grams of fat.
4. If one intakes the buttermilk obtained through churning of cultured cream and whey cream, a high quantity of whey protein can provided to the body which is an excellent source of energy for muscles.
5. Buttermilk contains vitamins, potassium, calcium, and traces of phosphorus which, needless to say, are very advantageous for the health.
Not only this, it is a kind of product which is favoured over milk in some parts of the world and is an essential intakes for some pro-gymnasts and athletes in India, visit site. So next time, one should prefer buttermilk over any other malted milk products sold in market.