A young man from Hyderabad found a loophole in the return policy of Flipkart and exploited it while costing a damage of around Rs.20 lakh (INR 20,00,000) to the ecommerce giant. The name of the alleged youth is Veera Swamy based in Vanasthalipuram who, by a simple trick, marked the approximate loss of around Rs. 2 million to Flipkart.
What was the trick?
1. The trick he used consists of placing orders of highly valuable items on the various names like his mother, father, wife, brothers and other acquaintances.
2. He has been estimated of creating various fake id’s for the placement of the order and made bank payments through different accounts.
3. After receiving the items he would simply dial the customer care of Flipkart complaining that the goods he received are not good/low quality etc.
4. The items which were supposed to be returned were actually retained and the packed stuff generally consist of the fake items which would weigh approx same as that of the original item, writing the model number and item code as received.
5. After the reception of the item by the seller, Flipkart used to refund the amount corresponding the item.
According to the Police Inspector P Pushpan Kumar, Vanasthalipuram:
“We are verifying the contents of the complaint and the accused version”
According to the refund policy of Flipkart :
” At Flipkart, we understand how much you value your every purchase. And we are committed to making your shopping experience with us as delightful as possible.
Therefore, in the rare event that you are not fully satisfied with what you ordered, just return it to us. You can conveniently initiate the return online or on our mobile app. We will ensure you get a resolution as quickly as possible. Our Returns policy may vary slightly depending on the product and seller.
We assure you that all products sold on Flipkart are brand new and 100% genuine. In case the product you received is ‘Damaged’, ‘Defective’ or ‘Not as Described’, our Friendly Returns policy has got you covered.
Possible resolution could be Replacement, Exchange (only for Apparel and Footwear) or Refund in case we are unable to provide a Replacement/Exchange. All this is backed by the 30 Day Replacement Guarantee for sellers with Flipkart Advantage, 30 Day Replacement Guarantee for all other sellers for Fashion & Books categories, and 10 Day Replacement Guarantee for all other categories from other sellers.
In any case, all your purchases on Flipkart are backed by Buyer Protection for 45 days from the date of delivery, in case you face any issues.
If you have received an item in a ‘Damaged’ or ‘Defective’ condition, or it is ‘Not as Described’ by the Seller, you may request a replacement at no extra cost. Return Policy is Seller specific and terms may differ. Please check the respective Seller’s policy when buying or before initiating a return for a replacement.
Replacement is subject to availability of stock with the Seller. If the product is out of stock, you will receive a full refund, no questions asked.
If you are not satisfied with the Clothing and Footwear item delivered, you can request an exchange in a different size or color. All this again, at no extra cost to you. Be sure to check the Seller’s Return Policy when buying or before initiating a return for exchange.
Exchange is subject to availability of stock with the Seller. If the product is out of stock, you will receive a full refund, no questions asked.”
Flipkart Refund Policy source
Our Verdict : We will not comment anything on the accused till the charges are actually proven for this act. However, exploiting a brilliant service is not good and is not at all ethical.
Latest posts by Shekhar Kumar (see all)
- Ola offline : Internet connection is not needed to book a cab - October 6, 2016
- 10 Very Useful Apps for Your Mobile - August 26, 2016
- Snapdeal recently made a Brilliant Competitive move - August 23, 2016