list of sci-fi technologies that actually exist. also this future technologies that may change the world. from speedy futuristic transportation technologies, to microchips that we have embedded in our skins
Video courtesy : Elite Facts
1. This is not a piece of weird candy or part of an amputation, this is a fully functioning ear, made from a human beings cells, that was printed using a new state of the art 3D printer. The ear is designed to integrate electronics with biology and create a flexible and fleshy alternative to mechanical prosthetics.
2. It’s not exactly a new thing to see somebody with a prosthetic leg but these arms are a little bit different, they are completely controlled by the man’s mind. He was able to operate the system just by thinking about moving the prosthetic arms and scientists say he surpassed all expectations.
3. There is a process about to be put into trial in London, 200,000 tonnes of coffee waste is produced a year in London alone, that will take the cities massive amounts of coffee waste and use it as a fuel type.
4. This a biostamp, it is a temporary tattoo on a person’s skin that will allow them to unlock phones, tablets, house alarms or cars by simply being near them with this electronic tag. The flexible electronic circuits that stick directly to the skin and monitor the wearer’s health is a thin electronic mesh that stretches with the skin and monitors temperature, hydration and strain.
5. Imagine having the vision of a large bird of prey but without contact lenses you can’t even see 5 feet in front of you. Well there are soon to be released telescopic contact lenses . The innovative new vision-enhancing system, the first of its kind, includes a set of telescopic lenses and smart glasses that can distinguish between blinks and winks
so that the user can easily flick between zoomed and normal vision. They will allow the user to zoom in almost 3 times the usual distance
6. This is the cortex plaster cast that will soon replace traditional casts. No more sticking down rules to itch. The Cortex exoskeletal cast provides a highly technical and trauma zone localized support system that is fully ventilated, super light, shower friendly, hygienic, recyclable and stylish. The cortex cast utilizes the x-ray and 3d scan of a patient with a fracture and generates a 3d model in relation to the point of fracture.
7. These Exoskeletons could add to soldiers’ natural strength, letting troops lift seemingly impossible loads and dart across the battlefield at incredible speed. Currently, the military is exploring creating an Iron Man-like specialized suit through the TALOS program. The suit would provide soldiers with enhanced mobility and protection, and it would most likely run on top of an exoskeleton base.
8. Organic light emitting diodes mean you can roll up your tv in future and take it with you. This is the world’s most efficient organic light-emitting diodes on plastic. This way could be developed and produced a flexible displays , not to mention a less costly, alternative to traditional OLED manufacturing, which currently relies on rigid glass.
9. 300mph bullet trains were first introduced in Japan and are now braced for a move forward. The maglev train, standing for “magnetic levitation,” will run between Tokyo and Osaka, an estimated distance of 315 miles, cost $64 billion, and be completed by 2045. The trains will move at 400mph
10. Liquipel is a nanotech substance that completely repels water and other liquid substances. That would mean no more worrying about having wet clothes in the rain, spilling food on yourself or dropping your tech into water. It’d be completely protected and simply roll off.
11. This is a laser systems in the real world, The USA have installed a laser defence system on the U.S.S. Ponce. The system is the LAWS, it has 6 separate lasers that link together to create on large and extremely powerful laser aimed at a target. Its an ultimately cheaper weapon to fire too, with a single shot costing around $1 compared to the thousands of a missile.
12. There has been a breakthrough in fire fighting that uses sounds, such as bass type noises, to extinguish the fire completely. It is thought to work by increasing of the velocity of the air particles within and surrounding the fire, thus decreasing the surface area of the air at which the fire combustion.