This is the upper variant of the Redmi 3S which is tagged named as Prime. If you compare the lower variant side by side there isn’t much difference. The only difference is in RAM, internal memory and fingerprint scanner. Now lets proceed on to the Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime pros and cons. Please note that I have made the review strictly based on facts.
Reasons to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime (Pros):
1. The processor is a 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 430 64-bit octa-core CPU and it is the first phone in India to have it.
2. Unlike Redmi 3S it has 3 GB of RAM rather than 2 GB.
3. For gaming it comes with a GPU of Adreno 505.
4. The 13 megapixel primary comes with PDAF technology which is very quick. It can focus on a subject in just 0.1 seconds.
5. The battery is a massive 4100 mAh which is enough to last throughout the day even for the most avid gamers.
6. The software I mean the operating system is the 6.0.1 version of Android Marshmallow.
7. The internal memory is of 32 GB which is enough to install more than a dozens of largest apps from the play store.
8. Moreover the memory can be expanded up to 128 GB.
9. The body material is part plastic and part metal. Metal is on the back panel which is premium and the plastic is on the front besides the glass on the display.
10. It comes with a fast battery charging technology that can quick charge the battery in within 75 minutes from 0% to 100%.
11. Yes it does support USB OTG cable, plus users can even plug hard disk drive.
12. The user interface MIUI will get the future upgrades of MIUI 8 which runs on Android Marshmallow.
13. Yes it comes with an infrared sensor for IR blaster. You can control AC, TV and other electronics with the smartphone.
14. The Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime SAR Values or radiation levels is of only 0.61 W/Kg which way below the maximum limit allowed by the government.
15. It has an ambient light sensor for adaptive brightness, proximity sensor, eCompass for navigation, accelerometer and gyroscope.
16. And the last Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime pros is the fingerprint sensor which is on the back panel.
Reasons Not to Buy Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime (Cons or Downsides):
1. The first cons is that the 5 inch display is a mere HD display, its not a full HD. I am asking for it because there are dozens of smartphones that comes with a full HD display at the lower price tag than this device.
2. Next Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime cons is that the SIM card slot is a hybrid one. Means you will have to compromise the memory card or one SIM card.
3. The quality of the secondary camera in low light condition is not good. It produces wavy or noisy like images in low light and artificial light as well. The main reason is for the small f/2.2 focal aperture of the lens. Plus it does not have a LED flash on the front which is another Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime cons or disadvantages.
4. Next Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime cons is that sales after support might be a problem for consumers if they are not from cites or big towns. Because there are less numbers of service centers.
5. The display does not have a Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Asahi Dragontrail Glass or any kind of protection.
6. There are dedicated navigational touch buttons but they are not backlit. Using is the dark might be a difficulty.